Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crushed Dreams

Well basically yesterday my dad straight up told me that we're definitely going to Paris this summer. It pretty much crushed my childhood dreams of going there for my 16th birthday during the summer. Well my mom told me a few weeks ago, that we may not go because my dad has already been there, but yesterday I'm pretty sure it's true. We are still going on a trip, and I am VERY grateful for the opportunity, but I don't really want to go to Turkey or Hawaii (my dad wants to go to Turkey and my mom wants to go to Hawaii) but I don't want to go to somewhere in the States again (I've never been outside the U.S. or Canada before) and we're still not sure where we're going this summer.
When I was little I wanted to be a princess when I grew up. No joke! I thought that Paris was this magical world with castles and where dreams come true! I love it now because of the art, the lights, the architecture and the fashion. My dad said straight up, "Well we're not going there for sure because I've already been there, and if we do go to France, it'd be in the wintertime [obviously for skiing] and we wouldn't go to Paris." I guess that was a reality check for me. I know it's insanely expensive and maybe I was caught up to much of actually going there, but I guess I should be realistic. And my dad also said, "You can go there with your own money when your older with your friends." Great. My desktop background hasn't even change for 4 years! It's Paris at nighttime showing the Arc de Triomphe. I've been dreaming of macaroons from Ladurée, the paintings at the Louvre, walking through the streets at night, standing by the Eiffel Tower, window shopping at the designer boutiques...

Well at least we're going somewhere for a little bit instead of sleeping and walking and sweating in the the City's hot sun. But my mom bought me Benefit's PosieTint! I've been wanting if for a while (this lady put some on my when I got my eyebrows done at the Benefit brow bar last summer). I'll post pictures later today. Now I'm finishing my report and PowerPoint about the Make-A-Wish foundation and re-reading Romeo and Juliet and To Kill a Mockingbird for my exam on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment